The Woodruff Arts Center in Atlanta includes The High Museum of Art, The Alliance Theatre, and The Atlanta Symphony on one beautiful campus. It is a fun stop for families, especially over the next month! In addition to their regular programming, they also offer summer camps and special events for families that you can find out about on their websites. Note that many art museums have daily or weekly activities for families, so whenever you are planning a visit check their website for information.
Here are a few upcoming events you might want for your calendar:
- May 21st – August 28th Babies in Space at the Joseph R. Bankoff Gallery
- May 31st – July 10th Pancakes, Pancakes! at the Alliance Theatre
- June 3rd-5th Toddler Takeover 2016
- June 3rd – Nov. 27th Jaime Hayon’s Whimsical Sculptures in the Piazza
- June 12th Family Festival at the Woodruff Arts Center
The Family Learning Gallery at the High is always in session and special activities change based on the current exhibitions. Below both of my boys are working on their own Vik Muniz inspired drawings. My oldest was especially proud of his portrait of Vik. Last week, I wrote about our experience at this exhibition and created some printables you can take on your next visit. “Toddler Thursdays” or “Family Sundays” are great times to visit the High.